Help us deliver the best practices for in-patient medical and surgical care by building a new state-of-the-art Medical & Surgical Centre at LGH.
Lions Gate Hospital Foundation is committed to raising $100 million of the estimated $200 million cost to build a new Medical & Surgical Centre at LGH. This state-of-the-art acute care facility will replace the hospital’s 55-year old acute care tower. The project will support the delivery of best practices for in-patient medical and surgical care at Lions Gate Hospital now and well into the future.
BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE
In consultation with more than 250 senior staff, physicians and senior medical leaders, LGH has developed a plan that will make the Medical & Surgical Centre at LGH the new gold standard in modern hospital design. For patients and staff, the new facility will offer:
• Modern, high-quality medical and surgical services and care
• Greater comfort, privacy and dignity while in hospital care
• Faster recovery due to a more healing and restorative environment
• Shorter, safer hospital stays through better healing and improved infection control
• Faster access to medical and surgical services
• An environment that will attract the best doctors, nurses and allied health-care professionals to LGH.
WHY WE NEED A NEW MEDICAL & SURGICAL CENTRE
1. Inadequate patient rooms. At LGH, most rooms house four patients offering virtually no privacy, little opportunity for rest and recovery; raising the risk for developing hospital-acquired infections. Single patient rooms are now standard.
2. Lack of space. With space at a premium, maintaining patient confidentiality is a challenge as is staff’s ability to effectively conduct administration, team meetings, charting and tracking. Also, crowded hallways impede patient movement.
3. Aging infrastructure. Lack of adequate electrical and technical infrastructure to accommodate the advancements in medical equipment that have taken place over the last 55 years, leads to inefficient operations and higher maintenance costs.