This course is aimed at those involved in helping roles (pastors, pastoral care workers, social workers, chaplain, etc) who want to increase their pastoral counselling ability. The course will give key skills to work more effectively with people.
(Please note, this course is designed to provide counselling skills not train people as professional counsellors.)
Topical areas include:
- Personal development of the counsellor
- Counselling skills toolbag
- Understanding and using different counselling approaches
- Common presenting issues and the core drivers behind each
- Scripture, theology, change, and healing
- The brain, the mind, the soul, and the spirit. Working at different levels
- Understanding the change dynamic
- Self care, safety and ethical standards
The course is broken into 3 one week blocks across a year. It will be taught by Richard Black (BA, BD, M.Couns, MNZAC).
Approximately 3 hours work per week will be required after each block course, involving reading, reflection and counselling practice.
Cost: $1500 (excl GST)
$1750 (incl GST)
To apply for entry into this course please email: email@example.com and an application form will be sent to you.
Block Courses are Monday to Friday, 9am - 3pm
Block Course 1: April 16 - 20
Block Course 2: July 2 - 6
Block Course 3: October 1 - 5