Espiritu Santo Parish, now known as the Archdiocesan Shrine and Parish of Espiritu Santo, is a Roman Catholic parish belonging to the Archdiocese of Manila that is located along Tayuman Street corner Rizal Avenue, Santa Cruz, Manila, Philippines. It was declared an Archdiocesan Shrine by Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio G. Cardinal Tagle on June 8, 2014, the Solemnity of the Pentecost. Rev. Fr. Wilmer R. Rosario, JCD is the present parish priest and rector of the church, succeeding Rev. Msgr. Albert G. Salonga, PC, who has been its parish priest from 1998 to 2015.HistoryConstruction of the ChurchIn 1913, a public cemetery where the church now stands, was closed due to health concerns. Espiritu Santo Parish was established on December 19, 1926, and placed under the administration of the Divine Word Fathers (SVD). Fr. William Finneman, SVD was its first parish priest.In December 1931, Fr. Jose Duserhund took over as parish priest. A crypt containing 444 niches built underneath the altar were sold to local residents. The proceeds were used to construct the church. Its church was fully completed and solemnly blessed on May 14, 1932, on the occasion of the Parish fiesta.The church remained standing and unscathed during the Japanese occupation in the Philippines and battle for the liberation of Manila.Mr. and Mrs. Jose G. Lopez of Job Lema donated the image of the Blessed Trinity in 1951, sculpted by the popular Maximo Vicente including its carriage.On September 29, 1952, a Tabernacle costing eight thousand pesos arrived from The United States of America.In November 1955, the beautiful edifice of the Blessed Virgin Mary at the corner of Rizal Avenue and Tayuman Street was blessed by Archbishop Rufino J. Santos. In 1956, a baptismal font was donated by Mr. Jose Pablo and Company In July 11, 1958, the marble main altar was consecrated by Cardinal Santos. Inside the tomb of the main altar were the relics of Saint Matias the Apostle, Saint Irmina and Saint Maria Goretti. The "Descent of the Holy Spirit" upon the apostles on the ark in the sanctuary was painted by Mr. Jose Santos. A beautiful Monstrance which was made in 1899 and church ceiling with Gothic design were donated by the relatives of Fr. Matias.