PRENATAL TRAINING COURSE
3 days of intensive Yoga training of 15 hours by an experienced teacher of the Sivananda Yoga lineage. This is an English course for Yoga teachears only. Translation will be provided, if necessary.
WHAT IS PRE-NATAL YOGA?
Much like other types of childbirth-preparation classes, prenatal yoga is a multifaceted approach to exercise that encourages stretching, mental centering and focused breathing.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- To design and teach appropriate yoga classes and private sessions to all pregnant women including those with previous yoga experience and practice and those who are new to yoga, and those in the early postnatal stage (first four months); this includes learning how to hold women’s circle space for pregnant women and their unborn babies with respect and sensitivity, whilst competently managing issues of time, and achieving a good balance between the focus on yoga practice, and respectful welcoming of women’s emotional states;
- To teach a full range of holistic yoga techniques (not just postures) that enhance a woman's emotional, psychic and physical experience of pregnancy as a preparation for motherhood, and in the immediate postnatal period, including asana (postures) supported posture work (using walls and chairs), a set of restorative postures for pregnancy, pranayama (breath practices), mudra (sacred gestures), dharana (focused attention), meditation, and pratyahara (sense withdrawal) through yoga nidra (deep relaxation);
- To understand the deep philosophical and spiritual basis of yoga in the context of the emotional journey towards birth and motherhood, and to use that understanding as the basis of all pregnancy yoga teaching, and for the immediate period of postnatal recovery. In this context course also addresses issues arising around pregnancy loss, grief and emotional disturbance, equipping students to know how to cope in their classes in the event of pregnancy losses. This aspect of the course is handled with sensitivity and depth, utilising yoga practices that honour women’s experiences, and provide helpful yoga techniques to cope with intense emotions.
ABOUT GAYATRI JI
After studying art history in Roma La Spienza, she worked in Belgium, London and Brasil on contemporary art. Upon meeting yoga in 2008, she took her formal teacher training in Roma with the world famous Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center. She spent many months a year in Roma, India and Canada learning and teaching Yoga in Sivananda Ashrams and Centers.
She specializes on pre-natal and kids' yoga classes (Rainbow Kids Yoga). She is also the loved cook of HYVC and founder of Gayatri's Kitchen.
Standart Price: 900TL
'Early Bird' price until Oct 14h: 750TL*
*this price option is only valid before its expiry date for cash payments in full.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION
- Non-refundable down-payment for booking is 30% until 'Early Bird' date and 50% after it.
- If you book with full payment and want to cancel, you will be refunded after the above down-payment is deducted.
In order to preserve the quality of our trainings, we have 12 people upper limit. Please register at earliest.