70th Anniversary Celebration of the Hywel Girls’ Choir
GALA CONCERT BALL
A Historic Broadcast Performance and Dance Ball Celebration!
7.00pm Saturday 7 April, 2018 – Y Ffwrnes, Llanelli
A historic broadcast performance and dance ball celebration!
Join the Hywel Girls’ Choir & Hywel Boy Singers for a historic and glamorous celebration of 70 years of song!
With a welcome bubbly cocktail and canapés, the night will blend together a mighty performance of sensational singing from the international broadcast and performance voices of the Hywel Girls’ Choir & Hywel Boy Singers, TV acclaimed Angelicus Celtis with the symphonic sounds of internationally renowned British Sinfonietta Orchestra.
The concert performance will be followed by the magical transformation of the Ffwrnes Theatre into an enchanted ballroom for all to listen and dance the night away to the sumptuous sounds of the British Sinfonietta and Eurovision Song Contest Winners ‘Brotherhood of Man’. Dress to party!
Artists to include Hywel Girls’ Choir & Hywel Boy Singers, Angelicus Celtis, British Sinfonietta Orchestra, Eurovision Winners Brotherhood of Man, pianist Jane Jewell, percussionist Gareth Hamlin, organist Huw Tregelles Williams and friends – all under the baton of legendary conductor
John Hywel Williams.
Tickets £27 includes concert, dance ball, welcome cocktail and canapés.
ACT I: SINGING THROUGH THE YEARS
with the Hywel Girls’ Choir & Hywel Boy Singers and Angelicus Celtis
ACT II: SYMPHONY AND SONG
with the Hywel Chorister and the symphonic sound of the British Sinfonietta Orchestra
ACT III: COME DANCING!
Dance the night away to magical music from the British Sinfonietta and Eurovision Winners Brotherhood of Man in a beautifully transformed Ffwrnes Ballroom!
• FORMAT OF THE NIGHT: Due to the unique and fun nature of this event, the night will comprise of three parts with two intervals. Part I & II will be in concert format with full theatre layout for stalls and circle seating. After Part II, there will be a 25-minute interval during which the Ffwrnes theatre auditorium stall seats will be transformed into a magical ballroom setting ready for Part III.
• STALL TICKET HOLDERS: All stalls ticket holders will be required to leave the auditorium during the 25-minute interval for this ballroom transformation. During this interval, canapés will be served in the lobby and mezzanine level of the Ffwrnes for all ticket holders. For Part III, stalls ticket holders will have the opportunity to sit at unreserved 10-person round tables and 5-person cabaret tables in the auditorium with additional seating provided in the lobby area with free flow to and from the dance floor on the stage and in and out of the auditorium.
• CIRCLE TICKET HOLDERS: Upper level circle ticket holders will be able to remain in their seats throughout Part I, II, III and all intervals. During Part III, upper level circle ticket holders can enjoy listening to the orchestra and Brotherhood of Man from their circle seats or come down to the stage level to the dance area. Due to limited seating, circle ticket holder will not be allowed to sit at the stall level ballroom tables during Part III.
• All ticket holders will have access to the dance floor.
• Stall ticket holders can sponsor and reserve a round table for Part III via the Hywel Girls’ Choir & Hywel Boy Singers by calling 07795 236807.
• The Hywel Girls’ Choir & Hywel Boy Singers hope that all audience members will be patient and flexible as we all embrace the fun nature and flow of the night.