Suitable for Yoga teachers and Yoga students wishing to gain a deeper understanding.
You will deepen your knowledge of what is happening in the body anatomically around the hips and shoulders in different asanas. You will have a deeper understanding of muscles lengthened and strengthened in each posture. You will also learn how to adapt and modify your classes for student with weak areas whether due to lack of strength or flexibility.
- We will start the day with an asana practice, focusing on shoulders.
- In depth understanding of shoulder stability, the core shoulder muscles, and the common underworked muscle patterns weakened through our modern lifestyles.
- We will cover asanas and exercises that help to stabilise shoulders.
- We will look at the energetical imbalances of the shoudlers, concerning the heart chakra.
- In depth understanding of hip function, functional hip movements and range of motion, and why our hips get tight.
- Understanding of hip muscles and their actions.
- We will cover asanas and exercises that help to stabilise hips.
- We will look at the energetic imbalances of the hips, why we hold on there emotionally.
- We will finish with a deep Yin Hip opening asana practice.
By gaining a deeper understanding of the bodies anatomy you will be able to adjust yours and your student's practice to best help support and develop on their journey.
About your tutor:
Gemma Williams, your Yoga tutor, has been teaching yoga since 2009. She has travelled worldwide to learn from different yoga backgrounds. She is registered with the Yoga Alliance as an Experienced advanced teacher (E-RYT 500) and as a Yoga alliance continuing education provider (YACEP).
Revitalise Brighton, 123a Western Rd, Hove, BN3 1DB
Certification and Accreditation:
If you are registered with Yoga Alliance you will gain CPD training hours on this course.