Diamonds in the “Ruff” Beginner Group Class (20 weeks and older)
A six-week beginner class that focuses on paying attention, impulse control and basic commands. This is the perfect class for folks needing help communicating with their dog or trying to figure out where to start!
• 6-week class
• Taught at Great Plains SPCA
o Merriam Campus, Thursdays from 6:30-7:30
o Independence Campus, Saturdays from 1:30-2:30
• Learn how to gain the attention of a dog without being a butt-head
• Learn how to improve impulse control with your dog
• Learn commands like sit, down, watch me, touch and chin… Also work on stay, come when called and leave it.
• How to deal with duration and distance in stays
• Beginning skills with walking on leash and coming when called
• Learn that human touch is good and how to say hello without jumping
• Discount for SPCA Alumni
Dogs must be at least 20 weeks old to enroll in this class.
Dogs with bite history (person or dog) are not suitable for this or any of our group classes.
Total Class Cost $150.00