Equal parts songwriter and storyteller, Buffalo’s Davey O. has been recognized on a national level for his past two CD releases with multiple honors among the “best of“ lists of several Folk & Roots radio stations, and as a 2013 New Folk Finalist at the prestigious Kerrville Folk Festival. Davey has also earned the respect of his peers for his incredible work ethic, performing between 120 - 140 dates per year, and for his constant dedication to the art of song craft. With a journalist’s eye for detail and poet’s ear for the well-turned observation, Davey O. finds the universal in the particular, turning day-to-day minutiae into dusty paeans to the indomitability of the human spirit. With each tale another slice of life examined.
• 2016 Nominee – SAMF Jim Lauderdale Songwriter of the Year Award
• 2015 NERFA Suzi Wollenburg DJ Showcase Selection
• 2013 Kerrville New Folk Songwriting Finalist
• 2013 Best New Artist – Radio Crystal Blue, Tacoma, PA
• Latest CD, “No Passengers” – “Best of 2014” honors from WMSC (Montclair, NJ), WAMC (Albany, NY), Troy Public Radio (Auburn, AL), Radio Crystal Blue (Tacoma, WA), WVPE (Elkhart, IN) and WHRW (Binghamton, NY)
• “No Passengers” – 12 consecutive weeks as a Top 25 Contemporary Folk Album on the Roots Music Reports, debuting at #3, and #25 among the Top 100 Contemporary Folk Albums of 2014
Embarking on a decade-plus journey that has resulted in a collection of justly-earned, highly introspective songs, Davey crafts pure Americana that is drawn from the deep well of experience and human emotion - no hackneyed story lines, no insincere polish, just an unflinching poet's look at life. The characters woven seamlessly into stories of which the song itself becomes the soundrack for the movie playing inside the listener's head.