Understanding that “form follows function” is critical for knowing how to blend what looks good with what predictably functions well. E3 is the phase of your Essentials journey in which we put the form and function pieces of the puzzle together.
In this course, you will learn that the anterior and posterior determinants of occlusion can be blended with aesthetic considerations to result in a harmonious outcome. You will be exposed to appropriate restorative sequencing and receive detailed guidance for restorative treatment planning and procedures.
This course also continues the process of blending philosophy, financial management and behavioral skills into your everyday practice to reach a higher level of effectiveness and profitability.
Your E3 experience will be led by a member of the Pankey Visiting Faculty who has more than 20 years of private practice experience, combined with a comparable number of years of experience teaching this course. Anchoring the team will be The Pankey Institute’s clinical, technical, and laboratory staff some of whom have been involved in the Pankey Institute’s educational efforts for over 25 years.
Seminars & Clinical Exercises
• Comprehensive delivery of care—Setting your practice apart
• What constitutes an aesthetic smile?
• Rules for aesthetic design
• Acquiring the records necessary to treatment plan for form and function
• Understanding the CR record, facebow, arc of closure and arc of rotation
• Why and how to use a semi-adjustable articulator
• Understanding the determinants of occlusion, anterior guidance and “the three things” that ensure success
• Gaining confidence in equilibration skills and knowing when joint stability is achieved
• Predictable preparation design that honors form, function and biology
• Fabrication of beautiful provisional restorations that can serve as templates for final restorations
• Improving lab communication and understanding lab indexes
• The importance of the “envelope of parafunction” in predictability
• Understanding the renowned L. D. Pankey philosophy of practice and the value of practicing according to a relationship-based philosophy of behavioral and technical excellence
• Envisioning a plan for implementing philosophical concepts in your special practice
• Financial tools for practice and personal financial freedom